Monday, April 21, 2014

DIY cat tights

Let me tell you something.

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE??? 

CATS. 

Why?

 

As the crazy cat lady I am, I knew a pair of cat tights would be the perfect addition to my wardrobe. Do you want a pair of your own? Just keep reading! 

You will need:
-Sheer tights 
-Black acrylic/fabric paint
-A small paintbrush

1. Take a piece of paper and draw your template.

 

2. Place your template on top of a magazine and roll it. Now, place it inside one of the legs of your tights. 

 

3. Paint over the template with a small brush. Allow to dry and repeat in the second leg. 

4. This is the final result! 


Excuse my bruised knees! I'm the clumsiest person in the world.

 That's it! The layer of paint is really thin so it takes like 5 minutes to dry, which means instant cat tights!! Is there anything better?? I hope you enjoyed reading my first real blog post.

Have a nice day!




7 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Can't wait to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment, how exciting!! Thank you, I'm sure you will like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! I was cleaning my closet and found a pair of sheer tights. I almost gave them away, but now I have the perfect use!
    http://dreaminginfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy this was useful! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be trying this, I've wanted some cat tights for ages! x

    ReplyDelete